10 Questions To Ask of Your New Year
In 2018, what has God been telling you to do? As you spend time in the Word, listen to sermons, sit in your small group, or discuss truth with your spouse, what has God been showing you that needs to change in your life for you to do what God wants you to do and be who God wants you to be?
Life change begins and ends with embracing the gospel. "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him." (Col. 2:6) That's the normal Christian life. The normal Christian life is daily recognizing your need for Jesus. With that in mind, here are 10 questions that you can ask of your New Year's resolutions for 2019.
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is your single biggest time-waster, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, we want to run the race set before us. We want to break free of the sins that so easily entangle us and see change in our lives. Take a moment to dedicate 2019 to the Lord and to give yourself to the Lord.