Discussion Questions - Week 15
Unfolding Grace – Week 15
Israel Needs a King (Judges 17-21)
Read pages 199-216 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- If you had to sum up the message of the whole book of Judges in a few words, what would you say and why?
- The refrain of this section of Judges is “Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.” How does this section reveal the consequences of embracing this kind of moral relativism?
- Where do we see the effects of moral relativism today?
- Why do you always find religious confusion and moral confusion together hand-in-hand?
- Are there any of God’s moral commands that you would like to be different? Are you ignoring them, or wrestling through them?
- What is the difference between “godly sorrow” and “worldly sorrow”? Can you give an example of an experience with either kind from your own life?
- What happens to our understanding of “the gospel” if we don’t admit our own sinfulness?
- Why did Israel need a King? Why do we need a King?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
“One generation knows the gospel, the next assumes it, and the third loses it.” D. A. Carson
More in HBC Blog
June 15, 2021Unfolding Grace - Week 24
June 15, 2021Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios (Nehemías 8-10)
June 15, 2021Semana 24 - Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios