Discussion Questions - Week 2
Unfolding Grace – Week 2
The Flood and God’s Covenant with Noah (Genesis 6-9 )
Read pages 23-32 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- This has been an eventful, and awful week. What have you heard, seen, read, or experienced that has encouraged you in the past seven days?
- What does the judgment of the flood teach us about humanity’s character? Compare Genesis 6:5 (pre-flood) and 8:21 (post-flood).
- What does Genesis 6-9 reveal about the heart of God and His character? Do you ever struggle with the tension between the love of God and the justice of God?
- After the flood, what does God promise to Noah and to creation? What is the significance of the bow?
- How is this important to the storyline of God’s unfolding grace?
- How is Genesis 6-9 both a de-creation story and a recreation story?
- How does the person of Noah point to Christ?
- How does the Ark point to Christ?
- Read Matthew 24:36-42. How will the days leading up to the second coming of Christ be like the “days of Noah”?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?