TITUS - Week 5: Belief Enacted
Week 5: Belief Enacted
- Read Titus 2:11-15.How would you summarize the meaning of the phrase, “you are what you believe”? How have you seen this to be true in both positive, and negative ways?
- How would youdefine the word, “Grace”?
- Whatdo you think Paul means when he says, “For the grace of God appeared…” (Titus 2:11)? And why is this such a significant phrase?
- How has graceshaped your imagination, worldview, and life?
- What do you think itlooks like to live a type of life that reflects the grace we claim to believe in and receive?
- On thespectrum of “grace” and “law” mentioned in Sunday’s sermon, which side of the spectrum are you most likely to fall on? Explain your answer.
- If doing“good works” means living a life that images Jesus, what needs to change in your life today to better reflect the image of Jesus?
- Reflecting on thequestions at the end of the sermon… answer honestly:
- What are you filling your mind with? How does that shape what you believe?
- What do you love, and what do you want?
- What are some things that you do, or habits you have that reflect what you believe? What needs to change?
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart