TITUS - Week 1: Truth That Leads to Godliness
Week 1: Truth That Leads to Godliness
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- Read Titus 1:1-4. Paul identifies himself as “a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ.” What is your identity?
- What unique abilities, gifts, resources, or experiences might you use to serve the Lord and bring Him glory?
- In verses 1-2, Paul states his primary purpose for living.What is your purpose? To what are you committed? Think about this carefully. What do you most want to see fulfilled as a result of your being here on earth?
- How does your purpose contribute to God’s purpose?
- In verse 4, Paul affirms his relationship with Titus.To whom are you committed? Do you have a true son or daughter in the faith? How are you investing in them?
- What difference has knowing the “truth that leads to godliness” made to your life this year?
- What passages of the Bible provide you the most assurance for “the hope of eternal life”?
- In 2 or 3 sentences, what is the “common faith” shared by Paul, Titus, and us?
Homework: Read the Letter to Titus three times this week.
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart