TITUS - Week 3: The Ministry of Confrontation
Week 3: The Ministry of Confrontation
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- In your reading of the entire letter of Titus, how were you encouraged? How were you challenged?
- Read Titus 1:9-16. Based on Paul’s instructions to Titus, how can you spot a false teacher; what are their characteristics?
- Are you aware of any false teachers that are popular today? What have they said or done that showed you that they were frauds?
- What do you make of the “tone” of Paul’s language regarding false teachers? When was the last time you were angry about false teaching? What did you do about it?
- How might refusing to confront a false teacher result in “upsetting whole families”? How is silencing false teachers an act of pastoral care?
- According to Paul, deceivers are often themselves deceived. How is rebuking them sharply (1:13) an act of love? See also 2 Timothy 2:23-26.
- Why is adding anything to the gospel of Jesus Christ in effect removing Christ from the gospel?
- Since the best way to spot error is to really know the truth, what are you doing to deepen your understanding of “the faith once for all delivered to the saints”?
More in HBC Blog
October 26, 2021TITUS - Week 3: The Ministry of Confrontation
October 15, 2021TITUS - Week 2: What Good Order and Good Leadership Looks Like
October 13, 2021TITUS - Week 1: Truth That Leads to Godliness