Discussion Questions - Week 10
Unfolding Grace – Week 10
God's covenant with Israel (Exodus 18-20)
Read pages 129-137 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- Read Exodus 19:1–6. God is about to give Israel His law. What is the foundation He lays in these first verses for commanding obedience to His law?
- Why is it important to remember that God delivered Israel from slavery first, and then gave the Ten Commandments?
- How are God’s holiness and grace demonstrated in His giving Israel the Ten Commandments?
- What do the Ten Commandments reveal about God’s values and the priorities He desires His people to embrace?
- How does obedience to the four “vertical” commands cause a person to obey the six “horizontal”commands?
- What do people in your culture tend to worship, and how do they express that worship?
- How is jealousy a virtue in God but generally a vice in humans? Why is it good for God to demand His own worship and defend His own glory?
- Why does the righteousness displayed in these commands cause people to lose hope? What restores that hope?
- How did the law prepare you for Christ? (Galatians 3:24)
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart