Unfolding Grace - Week 19
Unfolding Grace – Week 19
The Kingdom Established Through Solomon (1 Kings 1-4)
Read pages 261-277 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- In your own words, how would describe the root of Adonijah’s sin?
- How do you see yourself relating to Adonijah as you consider the desires of your own heart?
- How has God providentially worked in your life to accomplish His will and lead you to love and worship Jesus more deeply?
- How would you interpret David’s instructions to Solomon in 1 Kings 2:1-4 (what does it mean)?
- Why would David begin his farewell address to Solomon with these instructions? Why would 1 Kings 2:1-4 be so important for the king of Israel? And why are these instructions important for you?
- 1 Kings 2:12 and 1 Kings 2:46 essentially make the same claim about Solomon’s kingdom. Why are these statements important, and what do they communicate about God’s character?
- Solomon prayed for wisdom and the Lord delighted to give it to him. Why do you think God’s wisdom would be such an important quality for a king of Israel to possess?And why would God’s wisdom be valuable for you?
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart