Unfolding Grace - Week 19
Unfolding Grace – Week 19
The Kingdom Established Through Solomon (1 Kings 1-4)
Read pages 261-277 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- In your own words, how would describe the root of Adonijah’s sin?
- How do you see yourself relating to Adonijah as you consider the desires of your own heart?
- How has God providentially worked in your life to accomplish His will and lead you to love and worship Jesus more deeply?
- How would you interpret David’s instructions to Solomon in 1 Kings 2:1-4 (what does it mean)?
- Why would David begin his farewell address to Solomon with these instructions? Why would 1 Kings 2:1-4 be so important for the king of Israel? And why are these instructions important for you?
- 1 Kings 2:12 and 1 Kings 2:46 essentially make the same claim about Solomon’s kingdom. Why are these statements important, and what do they communicate about God’s character?
- Solomon prayed for wisdom and the Lord delighted to give it to him. Why do you think God’s wisdom would be such an important quality for a king of Israel to possess?And why would God’s wisdom be valuable for you?
More in HBC Blog
June 15, 2021Unfolding Grace - Week 24
June 15, 2021Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios (Nehemías 8-10)
June 15, 2021Semana 24 - Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios