Unfolding Grace - Week 18
Unfolding Grace – Week 18
The Covenant with David (2 Samuel 5-8)
Read pages 249-259 in Unfolding Grace this week.
1. What does 2 Samuel 6 teach us about the holiness of God?
2. What does 2 Samuel 6 teach us about the true worship?
3. In 2 Samuel 7, God establishes a covenant with David. How does this covenant fit within the covenant that God made with Abraham?
4. In what ways does God “outbuild” David? In what ways have you seen God “outbuild” you, whenever you make the effort to do something great for Him?
5. What does 2 Samuel 7 teach us about God’s plan, God’s grace, and God’s love?
6. Do you find it harder to praise God than to ask him for things? Why is that? How can we cultivate a habit and attitude of praise?
7. How does David’s prayer inform how we can and should pray?
8. What promises from God to you can you turn into prayers?
9. How will a hunger for the glory of God turn into a desire to reach out with the gospel to others, and to pray for them?
10. From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
More in HBC Blog
June 15, 2021Unfolding Grace - Week 24
June 15, 2021Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios (Nehemías 8-10)
June 15, 2021Semana 24 - Israel se compromete nuevamente a obedecer a Dios