Unfolding Grace - Week 25
Unfolding Grace – Week 25
The Hope of a New Exodus (Isaiah 52-55)
Read pages 365-376 in Unfolding Grace.
- (Isaiah 52:1-12) What is the good news the herald brings (7-10)? How are these verses also fulfilled in evangelism and missions?
- (Isaiah 52:13-53:12) What are the key aspects of who the Lord’s servant is and what He accomplishes?
- What do you know about Jesus that makes it clear He fulfills the role of the Lord’s servant?
- How is Isaiah 53:4-6 crystal clear about substitutionary atonement (Christ dying in our place)? How is this the heart of the gospel?
- Isaiah 53:10 states, “It was the Lord’s will to crush Him.” This could be translated literally, “The Lord was pleased to crush Him.” How is this possible? How might Hebrews 12:2 help us understand it better?
- How could meditating more on Isaiah 52:13-53:12 help strengthen your faith in Christ? How could it help enrich your worshiplife?
- How would you share the gospel using only this passage?
- (Isaiah 54:1-3) these verses imply that a vast number of “children” will be born to “Mother Zion” (see Psalm 87, and Revelation 7:9). How should this encourage us to risk great things for the spread of the gospel?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
Watch “The Forbidden Chapter: Isaiah 53 in the Hebrew Bible” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGz9BVJ_k6s
- Spend some time praying for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6), and the salvation of the Jewish people (Romans 10:1-4).