Unfolding Grace - Week 27
Unfolding Grace – Week 27
The Hope of a New Covenant (Jeremiah 30-33)
Read pages 397-417 in Unfolding Grace.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouragingor most challenging?
Read Jeremiah 31:1-26
- Jeremiah uses threemetaphors to describe God in these verses – God is Husband (31:3-6), Father (31:7-9), and Shepherd (31:10-14). In what ways do these metaphors portray God’s character?
- In what ways do they portray our roleand responsibility to Him?
Read Jeremiah 31:27-40
- What was the old covenant? How did Israel do under this covenant?
- What key promisesdoes God give in the new covenant?
- How do these promisessolve the fundamental problem of mankind, as seen throughout our history?
- Whenand how and by whom was the new covenant established?
Read Hebrews 8:1-13
- How is the new covenant betterthan the old?
Read Hebrews 9:11-22
- How is the new covenant the remedyto the old?
Read Hebrews 10:11-18
- How is the new covenant the completionof the old?
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart