Unfolding Grace - Week 28
Unfolding Grace – Week 28
The Hope of New Life (Ezekiel 34-37)
Read pages 419-431 in Unfolding Grace.
- In Ezekiel 34:16, God says, “I will seek thelost, bring back the strays, bandage the injured, and strengthen the weak…” How has the Shepherd done these four things in your own life?
- Who is this Shepherdand new Davidic King (34:23-24), and how does His identity fulfill the expectationsof God Himself coming to lead His people?
- In a passage that is all about judging the nations that inflicted Israel, God says to His people, “Behold, I am for you”(Ezekiel 36:9). Knowing Israel’s history of rebellion and your own history of the same, do you have a hard time believing or understanding this truth?
- Read Ezekiel 36:20-23.We teach our children not to be self-centered or think too highly of themselves. Why is it not only right for Him, but good for us, that God would put Himself first?
- Read Ezekiel 36:25-28.Why do we all need a “new heart,” a “new spirit,” a “heart of flesh”? (See also Ezekiel 37:1-14 and Ephesians 2:1-5)
- God says, “I will place my Spiritwithin you and cause you to follow my statutes and carefully observe my ordinances.” What does this mean? How have you personally experienced this?
- Read Ezekiel 36:31-32.Even though God forgives our sins, why does He not want us to fully forgetthem? How can we maintain a proper balance between remembering but also knowing they have been removed from us?
Memorize: “I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it.” (Ezekiel 36:36)
More in HBC Blog
August 31, 2021Unfolding Grace – Week 35
August 31, 2021Semana 35 - El evangelio comienza a extenderse a los gentiles (Hechos 9-12)
August 31, 2021El evangelio comienza a extenderse a los gentiles (Hechos 9-12)