Unfolding Grace - Week 30
Unfolding Grace – Week 30
Jesus’ ministry continues (Mark 5-8)
Read pages 449-463 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- Scripture teaches Jesus attended “church” regularly. How should His regular church attendance inform our lives? Why is church attendance so important? Why do you think church members attend 1.6 times on average per month?
- Jesus, as was His custom, regularly taught in all situations. Jesus commanded (Matthew 28:20) Christ followers to teach others to observe all that He had commanded. Have you considered the implications of Jesus’ command in your personal life? Who are you pouring your life into?
- Jesus, as was His custom, prayed regularly. What is the state of your prayer life (please be transparent)? What steps are you willing to take to enhance your prayer life? What do you believe the benefits will be for an improved intimacy with your heavenly Father?
Please pray for each other as you consider your prayer life.
- Sunday’s sermon gave four reasons crowds of people followed Jesus. How can you offer a more authentic welcome? In what ways could you demonstrate more compassion? How can you be more caring to hurting people?
- We learned Sunday that a young boy was willing to offer all that he had (5 loaves and 2 fishes) to Jesus. You may think that what you have to offer would not make much difference. But like the loaves and fishes, in the hands of Jesus, He can multiply your offering and bless others beyond what you can imagine or think. What would you be willing to offer to Jesus today? Please list at least four things to share with the group.
- In what ways could you see Jesus using you to meet the needs of our church? What resources (time, talents, financial, or energy) would you be willing to offer to meet those needs?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?