Unfolding Grace – Week 34
The Church Multiplies (Acts 5-8)
Read pages 517-531 in Unfolding Grace.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouragingor most challenging?
- From your reading of Acts 5-8, what did you find either most encouragingor most challenging?
- Why was the earlychurch able to rejoice even in the midst of great suffering? What can we learn from their example?
- How has God used great challengesor persecution to spread the gospel and multiply the church?
- Who is the enemyof the Church, and what is his goal? Share specific scriptures that show this.
- What are some of the ways he attacksthe Jerusalem church in Acts chapters 1-8? Historically, which of his tactics have been most successful?
- In Acts 6:1-7, the unityof the Jerusalem church is threatened. What was the situation? How has the unity of the American church been threatened in the past 18 months?
- What can we learnfrom the Jerusalem church about dealing with and moving past conflict?
- Pray for the unityof our church, asking God to advance the gospel through the challenges we face.
More in HBC Blog
October 15, 2021TITUS - Week 2: What Good Order and Good Leadership Looks Like
October 13, 2021TITUS - Week 1: Truth That Leads to Godliness
September 26, 2021Semana 39 - El Rey habla a Sus iglesias (Apocalipsis 1-3)