Unfolding Grace – Week 34
The Church Multiplies (Acts 5-8)
Read pages 517-531 in Unfolding Grace.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouragingor most challenging?
- From your reading of Acts 5-8, what did you find either most encouragingor most challenging?
- Why was the earlychurch able to rejoice even in the midst of great suffering? What can we learn from their example?
- How has God used great challengesor persecution to spread the gospel and multiply the church?
- Who is the enemyof the Church, and what is his goal? Share specific scriptures that show this.
- What are some of the ways he attacksthe Jerusalem church in Acts chapters 1-8? Historically, which of his tactics have been most successful?
- In Acts 6:1-7, the unityof the Jerusalem church is threatened. What was the situation? How has the unity of the American church been threatened in the past 18 months?
- What can we learnfrom the Jerusalem church about dealing with and moving past conflict?
- Pray for the unityof our church, asking God to advance the gospel through the challenges we face.
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart