Unfolding Grace - Week 26
Unfolding Grace – Week 26
The Hope of a New Creation (Isaiah 63-66)
Read pages 379-395 in Unfolding Grace.
- If God is all powerful and all loving, why is there evil in the world?
- How could a loving God send people to hell?
- How do each of these questions answer the other?
- In Scripture, Hell is pictured as punishment, destruction, and banishment. How did Christ experience each of these on the cross?
Read Isaiah 63-64
- Why do you think Christians are tempted to be ashamed of the potent and graphic images of God’s wrath in Scripture?
- How should the reality of the righteous judgment of God motivate us in share the gospel?
Read Isaiah 65
- What truths does God draw our attention to in this chapter with the word “behold”?
- How does God show grace and patience to sinners in verse 1?
Read Isaiah 66
- What does it mean to tremble at His word? How can you cultivate the posture of verse 2 in your own life?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
More in HBC Blog
August 31, 2021Unfolding Grace – Week 35
August 31, 2021Semana 35 - El evangelio comienza a extenderse a los gentiles (Hechos 9-12)
August 31, 2021El evangelio comienza a extenderse a los gentiles (Hechos 9-12)