Unfolding Grace - Week 32
Unfolding Grace – Week 32
Jesus’ Death and Resurrection (Mark 13-16)
Read pages 483-496 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- From Mark 13-16, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?
- What was the significance of Jesus’ using the phrases “I am” and “Son of Man” in His answer before the Sanhedrin?
- “Substitutionary atonement” sounds complicated. How would you explain it to a children’s Sunday school class?
- Explain in your own words why Jesus exclaimed, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
- Jesus was (1) psychologically ridiculed, (2) physically beaten, (3) spiritually abandoned by God, and (4) mortallyexecuted. How do these torments compare?
- As a sinner for whom Christ suffered and died, what is your complicity in each of His torments?
- When you see a cross, do you think of it as “glorious” or “horrible”? Explain.
- Name one person that you know personally who has yet to surrender their life to Christ. What can you do this week make Jesus known to them? Pray for them and be obedient to the Holy Spirit prompting you to action.
More in HBC Blog
January 4, 2022Pursuing God in 2022
December 1, 2021How to Not Lose Heart
December 1, 2021TITUS - Week 7: Thick Skin and a Tender Heart