Discussion Questions - Week 1
Unfolding Grace – Week 1
God’s Creation and Humanity’s Fall (Genesis 1–4 )
Read pages 5-20 in Unfolding Grace this week.
1. What are you praying for God to do in your life in 2021? What do you hope to get out of your reading of Unfolding Grace?
2. What were some of your insights/thoughts from Genesis 1-4?
3. Luke 24:27 tells us that, “Beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He (Jesus) explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself.” With that in mind, what is said of Jesus in Genesis 1–4?
4. What does God originally create humanity’s home to be like? How should this shape our expectation for what He plans the world’s eternal state to be like?
5. What does Genesis 1:1 – 2:3 reveal about God’s character?
6. What does the temptation of Eve reveal about how Satan works? What do we need to do to stand against him?
7. What effects of this first sin of mankind do we all continue to experience today?
8. What key promise does God make to humanity after the fall? How does Christ’s death and resurrection decisively fulfill this promise?
9. From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?