Do This Again Lord!
Holy Spirit You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory God is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence Lord
("Holy Spirit" by Bryan & Katie Torwalt)
I love the books of Acts. I love the boldness of the Apostles, the generosity and selflessness of the saints, the growth of the church, the clarity of the message and the conviction that God was doing something fresh among His people. As I read the second chapter, it stirs a longing within me to see God do this again. The Holy Spirit comes in power and the response is incredible...
- ...they were bewildered.
- ...they were amazed and astonished.
- ...all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”
- ...they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter, “What shall we do?”
- ...there were added that day about three thousand souls.
- ...the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
It's easy to read the Book of Acts and end up discouraged because we compare what was happening back then with our limited knowledge of what is happening now. But...
- The Holy Spirit is still powerful.
- God the Father is still sovereign.
- Jesus is still risen.
- The Gospel is still free to anyone who will repent and turn to Christ.
- God is still adding to His Church daily those who are being saved.
In his awesome book, The Reason for God, Tim Keller reports:
Today most Christians in the world live in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Christianity soon will be centered in the southern and eastern hemispheres.
Two case studies are instructive. In 1900, Christians comprised 9 percent of the African population and were outnumbered by Muslims four to one. Today, Christians comprise 44 percent of the population, and in the 1960s passed Muslims in number. This explosive growth is now beginning in China. Christianity is growing not only among the peasantry, but also among the social and cultural establishment, including the Communist party. At the current rate of growth, within thirty years Christians will constitute 30 percent of the Chinese population of 1.5 billion.â€©â€©
Do this again Lord!
Rushing wind, blow through this temple,
Blowing out the dust within,
Come and breathe your breath upon me:,
I've been born again.
("Rushing Wind" by Keith Green)
BOBBY PRUITT | Lead Pastor
More in A Year Through The New Testament
December 31, 2014So, who wins?
December 17, 2014An Inevitable Victory
December 11, 2014Eternal Realities
Leave a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.