Discussion Questions - Week 12
Unfolding Grace – Week 12
Israel’s Journey and Rebellion (Numbers 10-14)
Read pages 151-166 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:1-11. Writing about the events of the exodus from Egypt, Paul says that “these things took place as examples for us,” and that, “they were written for our instruction.” What can you learn from the example of the Israelites in Numbers 10-14?
- Paul lists 5 fatal flaws of the exodus generation in 1 Corinthians 10:6-10. What were they?
- According to 1 Corinthians 10:12, there is one immediate application we should make. What is it?
- Why is grumbling so deadly?
- What is the core sin at the heart of grumbling?
- How have you personally struggled with grumbling in these past 12 months? How have you broken free from grumbling?
- Do you ever find yourself “longing for Egypt”?
- What is the evidence from Numbers 10-14 that grumbling is contagious? What is the evidence of this in your own experience?
- How is grumbling a “denial of the sovereignty of God”?
- What is the remedy to grumbling and complaining?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?