Unfolding Grace - Week 21
Unfolding Grace – Week 21
The Kingdom Divided (1 Kings 11-14)
Read pages 303-319 in Unfolding Grace this week.
- The story of Solomon is one of the most tragic stories in all of Scripture. How did King Solomon go from loving the Lord (3:3) to loving “many foreign women” (11:1)? How could such a wise man become such a fool?
- How might Solomon have justified his sin? How have you justified your own sins?
- Israel had been warned that, if they intermarried with those who did not love the Lord, “They will turn away your heart after their gods.” How might believers today let relationships with others overtake their relationship with God?
- What is your heart condition? What is competing with Jesus for your attention, affection, and allegiance right now?
- Read Hebrews 3:12-13. Who speaks truth to you personally? Who encourages you on a personal level?
- Read Deuteronomy 5:9. How were the sins of your own parents or grandparents “visited” on you?
- Read Deuteronomy 5:10. How were you blessed by your parents or grandparents?
- What are you doing right now to bless your children, your grandchildren, and your great grandchildren?
- From Sunday’s sermon, what did you find either most encouraging or most challenging?